AI summary & topic connections
Describes noise and sleep disruption associated with a neighbor’s solar installation, utility investigations and rewiring, and persistent tinnitus requiring care. Attributes lasting injury to the exposure and requests research.
- Power lines, wiring & solar: “kly that my next door neighbor had installed solar panels on my side of their roof and the panels 'went live' at”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “al analysis I now have a chronic condition - constant tinnitus and had to get hearing aids and some medication as the”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “hey needed to handle. In the meantime I was staying at friends' homes or in hotels intermittently as I could not slee”
- Research & federal duties: “f our exposure to this damaging radiation is studied in the proper fashion. It has harmed me irreparably and I do not want this ”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am writing today regarding your request for information of EMF's, RF Radiation and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I write as an individual impacted. On June 8, 2023 I was awakened in the middle of the night by a loud lawnmower-sounding noise, louder from right the side of my bedroom. I have lived here now 25 years (22 when this event occurred). I actually called the police (never having done so in my life) , even tho I imagined the dispatcher making circles with her index finger near her temple (get a load of this complaint....) Over the next week or two I invited neighbors in and inquired if they heard the sound and one actually did. Being woken up constantly, I began to call the electirc company and on numerous occasions they came out in the middle of the night- I had them come into the house and listen- although they were nice (and believed me) they could do nothing but refer me to engineering. BTW, a few of them said they could not hear the loud buzzing or ringing as they had tinnitus. Working around strong power lines I now understand how that happens. But back to my situation- I learned quickly that my next door neighbor had installed solar panels on my side of their roof and the panels 'went live' at about the same time I was impacted ('struck'.) Eversource (the power company) came again, this time realizing there was an issue they needed to handle. In the meantime I was staying at friends' homes or in hotels intermittently as I could not sleep. Eversource recognized the problem I was experiencing (they called it harmonics) 'perhaps' caused by the inverter on my neighbor's panels (sending energy back to the electric company) I requested (and partially paid for) the solar company to check on the issue. This 'evaluation' by the solar company consisted of a cell phone computer check. As mentioned, Eversource realized there was an issue because I went to great lengths to get fixed what I initially thought was a fairly simple problem. I couldn't have been more wrong. The power company (and the town) sent 6-8 employees (including managerial) who spent two days evaluating and eventually rewiring 8 houses (house to pole) in addition to replacing a transformer. All this took months and in the final analysis I now have a chronic condition - constant tinnitus and had to get hearing aids and some medication as the 'solution'. The issue (tinnitus) is now within me, tho when I am out in nature ( at the beach, in the woods or mountains) the ringing is negligible or in the background. Not so at home where I often like it quiet. This is a serious issue. I sincerely hope all of our exposure to this damaging radiation is studied in the proper fashion. It has harmed me irreparably and I do not want this to go unnoticed.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.