AI summary & topic connections
Reports decades of headaches, nausea and concentration problems near a dam and transmission lines. Describes perceived electrical sensitivity and concerns about the property.
- Power lines, wiring & solar: “I first noticed how I was affected by transmission lines about 35 years ago when I was fishing near a hydro-electric dam (Wells Dam) in the Columbia river i”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “ more than two days at a time fishing around the dam I started getting terrible headaches and it was affecting my ability to focus and I would actually get quite nauseous. When leaving in ”
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “s might have on me if I chose to build a home there. To this day I'm still very sensitive to any place with large amounts of electricity running to it.”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I first noticed how I was affected by transmission lines about 35 years ago when I was fishing near a hydro-electric dam (Wells Dam) in the Columbia river in Washington State. While spending more than two days at a time fishing around the dam I started getting terrible headaches and it was affecting my ability to focus and I would actually get quite nauseous. When leaving in the evening, my headaches and nausea would disipate rather quickly. Only to return again the next day when back at the same location. In the years to come I would find that any time I would get close to a large distribution pole that had a four-footed base, I would start to feel the same affects as when I was fishing around hydro-electric dams. In fact, when I was looking for property to build our house, there was a large transmission line crossing some state land in Stevens county, WA adjacent to one of the properties we were looking at. That fact was a deciding factor in not purchasing said property because I was concerned about the long-term affects the lines might have on me if I chose to build a home there. To this day I'm still very sensitive to any place with large amounts of electricity running to it.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.