AI summary & topic connections
Reports headaches and other symptoms around a dog-fence transmitter, work radio equipment, aircraft Wi-Fi and a movie theater. Requests investigation and describes concerns about smart meters and towers.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “sensitive”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “headache”
- Occupational exposure: “vailable. I used to work a job that required me to wear a radio ”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “Wi-Fi”
- Smart meters: “smart meter”
- Towers & siting: “cell tower”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
EMFs have given me issues many different times, long before I made the connection that that is what was causing my symptoms. I will give you a few examples. A couple of years ago we had a dog and bought a shock collar for her. My husband installed the device that sends out the perimeter signal in our laundry room, which happens to be on the other side of the wall from the head of our bed. I woke up with the worst headache the next day that persisted all day long. Nothing would relieve it. The next day was even worse. Then it occurred to us that the device may be the problem, so he unplugged it. Gradually the headaches subsided, but it was the most intense and unusual headache I have ever had! We never ended up using the shock collars because it was clear that the product and its frequencies were unsafe.
I also have difficulty flying on airplanes. It gives me terrible restless leg syndrome that goes away as soon as we are on the ground again. This was not an issue for me before Wi-Fi became available.
I used to work a job that required me to wear a radio with an earpiece. A headache developed all day long and work its way down in my shoulders and the upper half of my back. I would go home in misery every day. I saw a chiropractor often and got adjustments, but the pain would always come right back. And then I made the connection! After I stopped wearing the device, no more pain and stiffness.
I can also no longer go out to the movies without having concussion-like symptoms afterward from the EMF exposure… for weeks!
Not everyone is as sensitive as I am— AND not everyone has made the connection that their symptoms may be related to EMF— but this is a daily issue for someone like me and it is ever-increasing as the world depends on more devices and generates more frequencies from those devices. I am terrified that the power company will come out and install a smart meter on my house without my knowledge. Then how would I live in my home? If a cell tower was installed closer to my home -what recourse would I have? I would literally have no way to avoid feeling awful all the time and there are no laws in place to help someone like me. Please take our safety seriously. I’m referencing real-time symptoms, but there are long-term effects to these things too, and if not enough study is done then we are all guinea pigs. We have failed to do the research! And now people are paying the price.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.