AI summary & topic connections
Reports electromagnetic sensitivity, skin redness, electric-shock pain and heart symptoms, and leaving a computer-based job. Discusses workplace conditions, overhead electrical lines and a physician’s reported temperature measurements.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “electromagnetic hypersensitivity”
- Occupational exposure: “undue stress in the workplace and to the exhaust from a laser pr”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “s forced to quit my job using a computer. One day after I turne”
- Power lines, wiring & solar: “high voltage”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “heart”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I have electromagnetic hypersensitivity. It started in 2005 when I was subjected to undue stress in the workplace and to the exhaust from a laser printer. It started with a red bloch on my left hand and increased to all areas of my skin that was exposed to the air. At its peak I was subjected to excruciating pain, like an electric shock, that affected all parts of my nervous system. My only solution was to not expose myself to electromagnetic fields. I was forced to quit my job using a computer. One day after I turned on my computer I was met with a strong electric shock that went straight to my heart. Today I still suffer from the effects, but not as dramatic. At its peak I could locate electric wires and cables in walls and even underground. Passing under overhead high voltage lines in a car drew very strong electric shocks in my nervous system. I saw a research doctor in San Francisco and he determined that the surface temperature of my skin increased when exposed to an electromagnetic field. Apparently my skin is conducting electricity.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.