AI summary & topic connections
Describes severe self-reported EMR sensitivity after moving to an apartment building, subsequent housing instability and social isolation. Reports neurological and cardiovascular symptoms and substantial mitigation costs.
- Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I became sensitized to EMR”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “now live in a shed”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “insomnia”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “heart palpitations which can go into a sustained flutter”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “I am a senior citizen”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I became sensitized to EMR when I moved from a very low EMR environment (very rural, in the woods) to a very high one (a building in town with 8 units). This sensitivity has turned my life upside down, and I had to get out of that new living situation because I became so sick from EMR exposure. Since then I have struggled to find a good living situation, and now live in a shed where I try to control my exposure as best I can. Among other things, I avoid crowds, meetings, any group setting because of all the cell phones. It is very isolating, and I struggle with it every day. I am a senior citizen and never dreamed that I would be living the way I am at this stage of my life.
Different exposures cause different symptoms, including depression, heart palpitations which can go into a sustained flutter, severe blood pressure rise, insomnia, bladder stimulation, headache, extreme tension and irritability among others. It is impossible to get away from it, and it has cost me a lot of money trying to shield and mitigate. It is all the more isolating because most people don't believe it is an issue. My life has become a misery because of it.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.