AI summary & topic connections
Reports personal and family symptoms believed connected to a neighborhood tower and objects to lack of notice or community input. Requests research, stronger attention to siting and exposure limits, and protection for children. Attachment contents are unread.
- Towers & siting: “e December 2002. At some point after that, a large cell tower was built just outside our neighborhood. There was no ”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “fter the tower went up, I began experiencing extreme headaches, a racing heart, ears popping and ringing, trouble sle”
- Heart symptoms & implanted devices: “p, I began experiencing extreme headaches, a racing heart, ears popping and ringing, trouble sleeping, racing th”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “ced next to neighborhoods and schools, where children and families live every day, without meaningful disclosure or conse”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “rge attention to siting, notice, and whether current limits adequately protect people living near wireless infrastructure.Thank you f”
- Research & federal duties: “pulations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. I also”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.I am responding from the perspective of a parent, family member, and concerned member of the public.I have lived in my home since December 2002. At some point after that, a large cell tower was built just outside our neighborhood. There was no meeting, no notice, and no opportunity for residents to be heard. It felt as if it appeared overnight. We were not given a choice.After the tower went up, I began experiencing extreme headaches, a racing heart, ears popping and ringing, trouble sleeping, racing thoughts, and anxiety. Some days I feel very unwell, and I believe it is connected to the tower. My son and my father also get headaches. We have even had headaches at the same time.I do not believe this is safe. I am especially concerned that towers like this are placed next to neighborhoods and schools, where children and families live every day, without meaningful disclosure or consent. People should be told before infrastructure like this is sited so close to homes.I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health. The experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence.I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. I also urge attention to siting, notice, and whether current limits adequately protect people living near wireless infrastructure.Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.