AI summary & topic connections

A school employee reports migraines and pain while explicitly acknowledging uncertainty about the cause. Requests exposure monitoring, research, precaution and appropriate limits, particularly in schools.

  • Occupational exposure: “regarding electromagnetic fields (EMFs), particularly in and around schools. I work in a school every day, and I have personally experienced symptoms that I associate with prolonged e”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “protections regarding electromagnetic fields (EMFs), particularly in and around schools. I work in a school every day, and I have personally experienced symptoms that I associate with p”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “xperienced symptoms that I associate with prolonged exposure to EMFs, including migraines and physical sensations that I describe as body/energetic pain. Whether or not the science has ful”
  • Research & federal duties: “at technology be eliminated. I am asking for a precautionary approach: stronger research, transparent monitoring, reasonable exposure standards, and consideration of lower-exposure options”
  • Exposure limits & oversight: “a precautionary approach: stronger research, transparent monitoring, reasonable exposure standards, and consideration of lower-exposure options in schools whenever practical. As an employee who spe”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am asking the Department of Health and Human Services to seriously consider stronger regulations and precautionary protections regarding electromagnetic fields (EMFs), particularly in and around schools. I work in a school every day, and I have personally experienced symptoms that I associate with prolonged exposure to EMFs, including migraines and physical sensations that I describe as body/energetic pain. Whether or not the science has fully established the connection between these exposures and individual symptoms, I believe people deserve to have their concerns taken seriously and to have reasonable options to reduce unnecessary exposure. Schools are especially important because children and school employees can spend many hours a day in these environments. With the increasing presence of Wi-Fi networks, wireless devices, Bluetooth technology, cell towers, and other sources of radiofrequency exposure, I believe we should be asking whether current standards adequately protect people in places where they spend significant portions of their lives. I am not asking that technology be eliminated. I am asking for a precautionary approach: stronger research, transparent monitoring, reasonable exposure standards, and consideration of lower-exposure options in schools whenever practical. As an employee who spends the majority of my day in a school building, I want to feel confident that my workplace is as safe as reasonably possible. I hope the Department will consider the concerns of people like me and take meaningful steps toward understanding and addressing potential health impacts of long-term EMF exposure, particularly in schools. Thank you for considering the experiences and concerns of school employees, students, and families.