AI summary & topic connections

Reports a persistent high-pitched tone after a rooftop 5G installation, perceived relief after moving, and recurrence near towers. Requests research and protection for vulnerable groups; the submission retains an unfilled role-selection placeholder.

  • Towers & siting: “5G antennae was installed”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “high-pitched tone”
  • Housing, work & access barriers: “moved out of that building”
  • Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “children and other potentially vulnerable populations”
  • Unfilled template text: “[patient, parent”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a [patient, parent, family member, caregiver, healthcare professional, researcher, advocate, concerned member of the public, or other]. In 2021, a 5G antennae was installed on the roof of my apartment building. I started to hear a high-pitched tone that never stopped. It was especially noticeable when it was most quiet, when there were no background noises around like traffic, conversations, or the tv. I had to play music at night to drown out the tone to go to sleep. It stopped when I moved out of that building, but comes back when I'm around those towers and remains most noticeable at night. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.