AI summary & topic connections

A parent raises children’s safety and environmental concerns, describes acquaintances’ migraines near towers and feeling better while camping, and requests HHS research.

  • Children & vulnerable groups: “safe for my children”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “migraines”
  • Towers & siting: “tower was installed nearby”
  • Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
  • Environmental effects: “environmental effects”
  • Electromagnetic sensitivity: “sensitive to EMF”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
This comment is in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am a parent and a concerned member of the public. I feel very worried about the affects of wireless radiation on our human biology and the biology of all living beings. I know so many people who are sensitive to EMF's, who have gotten migraines after a tower was installed nearby, etc. I am concerned that these things have not been properly tested for safety. As a parent, I don't feel that this is safe for my children. We all feel so much better when we are camping away from any cell service and I believe it is due to getting away from the wireless radiation. HHS must address this issue. They should examine the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I hope HHS will carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing us with an opportunity to be heard.