AI summary & topic connections
Reports family nervous-system and sleep concerns and improvement when Wi-Fi is off. Supports HHS research with attention to children and demands safeguards against industry conflicts of interest.
- Research & federal duties: “identify gaps in current research”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “we all sleep more peacefully”
- Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “When we turn our Wifi off at night”
- Children & vulnerable groups: “I see its effects on my grandchildren”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “they have no conflicts of interest”
- Environmental effects: “potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.
I am responding from the perspective of a parent, grandparent and concerned member of the public.
Exposure to wireless radiation has increased my nervous system dysregulation and I see its effects on my grandchildren where they cannot settle but are constantly wired (I understand wireless radiation is not the only contributor). My husband can no longer tolerate his cell phone in his pocket as the heat generated now is to such a degree it's uncomfortable. When we turn our Wifi off at night or have a power outage, we all sleep more peacefully.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I also support HHS examining carefully those individuals chosen to take an active role in these endeavors that they have no conflicts of interest and receive no kickbacks nor have financial ties to the wireless industry. I support the exclusion of these individuals from participating in any measure.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.