AI summary & topic connections

The commenter reports a diagnosis of electromagnetic radiation syndrome and describes living in a wired basement with restricted public access, seeking HHS investigation.

  • Electromagnetic sensitivity: “I have electro magnetic radiation syndrome (diagnosis code W90.0).”
  • Housing, work & access barriers: “I have to live in a basement and the entire apartment is wired.”
  • Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “I have to live in a basement and the entire apartment is wired.”
  • Research & federal duties: “I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure.”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health.”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a patient. I have electro magnetic radiation syndrome (diagnosis code W90.0). I was intensely exposed seven years ago and have had to change entirely how I live my life. I have to live in a basement and the entire apartment is wired. I have limited access to public places, and can't be around very many people. I had to stay in a hospital and was very ill shortly after discharge. I am a ,ember of emrsyndrome.org, which has helped save my health greatly! I am hoping that HHS Kennedy's investigation will help save many lives! I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard.