AI summary & topic connections
A parent of three requests independent research into long-term cumulative childhood wireless exposure, emphasizing unresolved questions rather than assuming causation.
- Children & vulnerable groups: “I am responding from the perspective of a parent of three children who have grown up immersed in an increasingly wireless environment, with exposure to 5G and other sources of radiofrequency radiation becoming a routine part of daily life\.”
- Research & federal duties: “EMF POTENTIAL HARMS NEED IMMEDIATE STUDY I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure\. I am responding from the perspective of a parent of th”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
EMF POTENTIAL HARMS NEED IMMEDIATE STUDY
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure\.
I am responding from the perspective of a parent of three children who have grown up immersed in an increasingly wireless environment, with exposure to 5G and other sources of radiofrequency radiation becoming a routine part of daily life\. As a parent, I am concerned about what this continuous and expanding exposure may mean for my children and for future generations\.
Unlike previous generations, children today are growing up surrounded by wireless devices, Wi\-Fi networks, cellular infrastructure, and increasingly widespread 5G technology from an early age\. This makes it especially important to understand the potential health implications of long\-term, cumulative exposure during childhood and adolescence\.
My concerns are not based on a desire to draw conclusions beyond what the scientific evidence supports\. Rather, they come from the responsibility I feel as a parent to understand the potential risks associated with an environmental exposure that my children encounter every day and that is becoming increasingly difficult to avoid\.
I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation\. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health\. The experiences and concerns of individuals and families should be considered alongside the scientific evidence, particularly when evaluating long\-term exposure and potential effects on children\.
I urge HHS to carefully evaluate the existing scientific evidence, investigate areas where important questions remain unanswered, identify gaps in current research, and give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations\. I also encourage HHS to establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding long\-term wireless radiation exposure, childhood exposure, cumulative exposure from multiple sources, and potential public\-health implications\.
As a parent of three children growing up in a world increasingly saturated with wireless technology, I believe we have a responsibility to understand these exposures as thoroughly as possible rather than assuming that questions about their long\-term effects have been fully resolved\.
Thank you for providing individuals and families with an opportunity to be heard and for considering these concerns as part of HHS’s evaluation of EMFs, RF radiation, and wireless radiation exposure\.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.