AI summary & topic connections
A parent and grandparent describes health concerns and relocation attributed to towers and requests precautionary exposure standards and independent research protecting children.
- Children & vulnerable groups: “I personally suffer from multiple health issues that have been traced to EMFs and wireless radiation exposure.”
- Housing, work & access barriers: “I am writing to submit my public comment regarding the Department of Health and Human Services’ Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) and wireless radiation exposure.”
- Towers & siting: “We have had to leave our home and move farther away from towers and then more pop up.”
- Exposure limits & oversight: “I urge HHS to look closely at international safety standards, many of which adopt a much more precautionary approach toward RF/EMF exposure limits than current domestic regulations.I strongly support HHS taking an active role in compiling the latest science, identifying research”
- Research & federal duties: “Docket ID: HHS-OASH-2026-0397”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
Docket ID: HHS-OASH-2026-0397
To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing to submit my public comment regarding the Department of Health and Human Services’ Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) and wireless radiation exposure. I personally suffer from multiple health issues that have been traced to EMFs and wireless radiation exposure. I have spent hundreds of dollars trying to find out what is causing my health problems and it has affected my entire life. My symptoms are only relieved by avoiding exposure as much as possible and avoidance is getting so much harder as time goes by. My husband is also affected. We have had to leave our home and move farther away from towers and then more pop up.
As a parent and grandparent, I am deeply concerned about how this is affecting the health of our children. With the proliferation of wireless technologies, smart devices, and wearables in modern educational settings, children are subject to continuous, cumulative exposure to radiofrequency (RF) radiation. I urge HHS to look closely at international safety standards, many of which adopt a much more precautionary approach toward RF/EMF exposure limits than current domestic regulations.I strongly support HHS taking an active role in compiling the latest science, identifying research gaps regarding non-ionizing radiation, and issuing clear, evidence-based guidelines.Thank you for opening this docket and prioritizing the environmental health of vulnerable populations.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.