AI summary & topic connections

Describes a sister’s glioblastoma after prolonged work-related phone use and reports personal hand pain and improvement in headaches and brain fog after changing connectivity. Supports HHS research and attention to children; causal claims are unverified.

  • Cancer & tumors: “ily used her cell phone for a long periods of time while working. She developed glioblastoma on the same side of her brain close to her ear as she would daily hold the phone while she was clea”
  • Occupational exposure: “a brain cancer patient who daily used her cell phone for a long periods of time while working. She developed glioblastoma on the same side of her brain close to her ear as she would daily hold ”
  • Neurological symptoms & sleep: “We changed our Wi-Fi to a landline in at that time. I headaches, depression and brain fog went away. I am now able to get my household tasks done and in addition study to further my career.”
  • Wi-Fi & indoor exposure: “he. If I am not using the phone, my hands do not tingle or ache. We changed our Wi-Fi to a landline in at that time. I headaches, depression and brain fog went away. I am now able to ge”
  • Li-Fi, fiber & alternatives: “ not using the phone, my hands do not tingle or ache. We changed our Wi-Fi to a landline in at that time. I headaches, depression and brain fog went away. I am now able to get my household”
  • Research & federal duties: “valuate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish ”
  • Children & vulnerable groups: “tific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities”

Matched review of original text; attachments excluded. Review provenance

ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I am submitting this comment in response to HHS’s Request for Information on Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs), Radiofrequency (RF) Radiation, and Wireless Radiation Exposure. I am responding from the perspective of a citizen and the sister of a brain cancer patient who daily used her cell phone for a long periods of time while working. She developed glioblastoma on the same side of her brain close to her ear as she would daily hold the phone while she was cleaning houses. She is only 52 and being put on hospice after lengthy treatments and surgeries. When I use my cell phone, my hands will ache. If I am not using the phone, my hands do not tingle or ache. We changed our Wi-Fi to a landline in at that time. I headaches, depression and brain fog went away. I am now able to get my household tasks done and in addition study to further my career. I support HHS taking an active role in examining the potential health and environmental effects of wireless radiation. Questions about human health should be addressed by federal agencies with appropriate expertise in medicine, biology, epidemiology, and public health, and the experiences of individuals and families who report being affected should be considered alongside the scientific evidence. I urge HHS to carefully evaluate these experiences and the scientific evidence, identify gaps in current research, give particular attention to children and other potentially vulnerable populations, and establish appropriate federal research priorities regarding wireless radiation and public health. Thank you for providing individuals, families, health care providers, researchers and scientists with an opportunity to be finally be heard on this critical public health issue. https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC2092574/