AI summary & topic connections
Reports thigh tumors after carrying a cellphone in a pocket and headaches during use in a car. Describes changing phone-carrying and calling habits; the claimed causal connection is unverified.
- Cancer & tumors: “tumors”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “headaches”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I purchased my first cell phone in 2004 -- a little Motorola flip phone. Not realizing its dangers, I kept it in my left-hand pants pocket. I learned quickly enough, as a small cluster of tumors appeared on my left thigh where my pocket was. I've not carried a cell phone on my person since, keeping it in my computer bag instead, and keeping it either off or on airplane mode when I'm carrying the bag. I replaced the flip phone with a smart phone that allows me to talk hands-free. At home and at work, when it's fully enabled, I leave my phone on a desk or shelf across the room from me unless I'm actually using it, in which case I have the speaker enabled. I never put it up to my ear. After developing headaches from having it on in the car, I consistently turned it completely off while driving, and continue to do so. Three of those tumors remain to this day as scar tissue on my left thigh.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.