AI summary & topic connections
Reports an acoustic-neuroma diagnosis and surgery, preceding heavy occupational cellphone use and ear pain. Notes the timing while explicitly acknowledging uncertainty about causation.
- Cancer & tumors: “Acoustic Neuroma”
- Occupational exposure: “job where I was consistently on my cell phone”
- Neurological symptoms & sleep: “earaches”
ORIGINAL COMMENT · UNEDITED TEXT
I was diagnosed with a benign brain tumor (Acoustic Neuroma) in 2015 and had surgery to remove the tumor that same year. I was told due to the size of the tumor I’d had it for roughly 10 years; this was from a world-renowned neurologist. In 2004 – 2005 I had a job where I was consistently on my cell phone, I would get earaches from being on the cell phone. My right-side ear would get hot and ache which I hadn’t experienced before or since. I didn’t think much of this until the neurologist said how long I’d had the tumor based on the size. I stopped using my cell phone other than texting and using the speaker phone since my surgery in 2015. I can’t say for certain that was the cause however the time frame was in line with my diagnosis.
Community corner
Community discussion
Reader replies are separate from the official HHS submission. They are reviewed before publication. Display names are not verified.